Thursday, August 6, 2009

Director's Message


Well, as time moves forward the realities hit harder! Don Wersky, who has been here since 2002 teaching various music classes, has been laid off at Folsom High. He will be at the lower grade levels teaching Music. I can't say enough about Don and what a joy it's been to work along side him. He cares deeply for the kids and this program. He has been a dear friend and cohort for many years prior to 2002 as well. Don taught at Mills M.S. in the early 80's when I was teaching at Cordova High School. Please send Don a message telling him how much we are going to miss him, etc., if you can. He needs to know that he is a HUGE part of this program and he is going to be dearly missed. Don, I am going to miss you!

With this harsh reality comes the fact that it's just me now running the entire program. I am asking for patience, and for a little respect in following my guidelines for our programs. After 25 years here we have several rules and regulations and they are in place for a reason. As you have witnessed, there was a plethora of papers that came home during the first couple days of school. IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT YET, PLEASE READ ALL MATERIALS AND SIGN WHAT YOU NEED TOO! The district has new mandates and rules etc., and with that are these forms that have to be filled out and turned back in asap.

Gaesser creed:

I love kids. I love Music. I will have each group playing at their potentials all year long. I am tough, I have high expectations of students. With that, I have high expectations of myself as well. I will get back to all messages and calls as soon as I can. Office phone number is-916-985-3103. Students first, program second. Cindi Castro is the administrative assistant to the Boosters and myself. She is a Godsend! She is in every day to answer the phones as I am teaching almost all of the time. She handles most of the logistical things and keeps me sane and sounding literate! I can't wait to meet the new students and to meet all the new parents as well.
Thank you, Cgaesser