Thursday, August 6, 2009

Uniforms - Message from Erika Otto

Band Parents,

I will be in charge of uniforms for the 2009-2010 Marching Band season. The job includes uniform fittings at the beginning of the school year for new students and returning students and making sure the students have everything they need for football games, competitions and parades (all uniform pieces, black socks, pluming and de-pluming).

Uniform fittings will be conducted over two evenings August 18 - 19 from 4:30 to 9:00 pm. I need 6 parent volunteers each evening. Parents can sign up for the entire night or just a couple of hours. I also need parents to volunteer for football games. I need the most help for the first game. It will be the first time new students dress and we do a uniform check (fit, hems, etc.). Subsequent games are easier but I still need help with pluming/de-pluming and issuing new pieces that get lost. Once the competitions begin, we travel with the pit crew to help with uniforms, plume and de-plume.

We have a lot of fun (really, we do!) So, if you are available to help or just want more information, please contact me at eotto@folsommusic.org or 353-2721. Thank you.

Erika Otto